Our services: 651 Dental is proud to offer an extensive array of dental care treatments, including general, family, cosmetic dentistry:
CLEANING & PREVENTION – Exams, X-rays, & Home Care
Your first visit to our office will include a thorough dental exam by the dentist to order to make an initial assessment. A preventative plan will be recommended, where you will come in for regular check-ups to include:
- Cleaning and polishing: The cleaning will consist of removal of tartar, which has hardened on the teeth over time, along with the sticky plaque that has formed over the teeth. Plaque is a formation of bacteria and build up that will eventually cause inflammation. The instruments and technique we use will safely remove this build up. Followed up by polishing that removes stains and enhances the cleaning.
- Gum evaluation and treatment: Your gums and the bone supporting your teeth will be checked for disease.
- Oral cancer screening: The lips, tongue, throat, neck and gums are examined for any possible signs of oral cancer.
- X-rays: A full set of x-rays (our practice utilizes x-rays which has 1/3 the radiation as standard x-rays.) are performed and are crucial for giving the dentist information such as state of bone loss (if any), development deviations, abscesses, teeth coming in at the wrong position, tumors and other issues hiding within the teeth and gums. Early detection is important in treating many oral health issues.
- Checking current crowns, bridges, fillings, etc. are done to check for any damage or need for replacement.
- Whitening: Over time many things can cause your teeth to lose their whiteness – smoking, consumption of coffee and other dark beverages and just normal wear and tear can cause teeth to appear yellowed or stained. Whitening is an inexpensive and safe option to bring back their brightness. Whitening has become a very popular procedure for enhancing smiles.
Home whitening kits are typically the preferred way of whitening. With this option, the patient is responsible for using the solution consistently until they see the desired whiteness. Impressions are made of teeth so that the whitening trays used in-home are custom fit for the patient. The whitening solution will be put into these trays and worn for specific periods of time. Wearing the trays periodically will help in maintaining the results once the desired whitening is achieved.
- Crowns: There are times when your dentist will recommend crowns. A crown or cap is a metal and/or porcelain covering that is placed over the tooth surface, restoring strength and appearance. Crowns are needed when a filling is not enough to give tooth proper structure, to fix fractures, or lend support for bridges. Crowns improve the appearance and structure of the tooth.
Crowns typically consist of two appointments. Impressions are made and sent to a local laboratory in order to create the custom crowns. For placement, the tooth will be numbed in order to remove any existing decay and to shape the tooth for the new crown. A temporary crown will be placed on the tooth to protect it while the new one is being made. It is important that great care be taken with the temporary to avoid loosening. When the new crown arrives, the patient will return to the office for placement and fitting.
- Veneers: Porcelain veneers are a beautiful option for creating the smile you’ ve always wanted. Veneers consist of very thin sheets of porcelain that are attached to the front of the teeth, improving shape, size and color. With the first step of the process, the existing teeth are buffed and shaped and an impression is taken. The specific color that will be used is also chosen. With the second step, bonding adhesive will be used to attach the veneer to the teeth and a light beam will set the adhesive.
- White Fillings: Previously, silver or gold fillings were used. Now Composite resins can be used. The fillings are used to fix teeth that have been damaged by decay and/or fractures. The affected portion of the tooth will be removed and replaced with composite filling. They are attractive since they match existing teeth and with proper care last for many years.
Fillings can be done during one appointment. Anesthesia is necessary in order to allow the dentist to remove decay and apply medication to further protect nerve endings. The filling is shaped and smoothed to ensure an authentic look and feel. Don’ t wait any longer. Call today for an appointment and get closer to a healthy, beautiful smile!
Restoring your beautiful smile!
Preventative measures will always need to be part of a general oral health plan. In circumstances where damage has already been done however, more intensive procedures may be needed to bring teeth back to their healthy appearance and operation. Our staff will keep you informed on the options that will relieve pain, repair damage, improve your bite and get you back to normal function and look.
- Implants: Dental implants are used to replace teeth that have been lost. Through a surgical procedure, these artificial roots and teeth are placed directly into the bone. Implants replace teeth, restore chewing ability and improve facial tissues in the process. They are natural looking, secure and durable, and last for many years. Mini-Dental Implants are used to stabalize a lower denture. These can be placed in our office in one visit. Mini dental implants improve the stabilization and comfort of the lower denture immediately. Sometimes patients are referred to a specialist to place the dental implants and our doctors will place the final crown after the healing process.
- Root Canals: A root canal may be needed to relieve severe pain or sensitivity caused by extensive decay. Many times an infection is present. The affected tissue needs to be removed, and the nerve canal reshaped and filled with a special material and finally sealed and crowned to help prevent future infection.
- Bridges: Another way to replace lost teeth, this permanent fixture is typically made of porcelain on top of metal that fits over existing teeth. Bridges are the solution to many of the same issues that implants are used for, and another option for patients, depending on their particular needs and circumstances. Metal-free options are also available.
- Dentures: Dentures are a removable option to replace missing teeth. They can be full appliances or partial. Natural, existing teeth may need to be prepared for dentures to fit properly. Dentures can be made in advance so one does not need to go without teeth. Adjustments for comfort and fit may need to be made once healing has occurred.
After proper fit has been achieved, a patient’ s smile is enhanced with easy-to-care for dentures.
What is Periodontal Disease?
Periodontal disease is something that effects a large portion of the population. It is a disease that causes pockets or spaces in the gum tissue, allowing bacteria to enter. The build up of plaque causes the gums to become inflamed and form these pockets. Normal brushing cannot reach this build up and over time the pockets continue to get deeper. Symptoms may include bad breath, red and puffy gums, bleeding gums and loose or sensitive teeth.
- Diagnosis: Gingivitis is the beginning stages of periodontal disease. Bleeding when brushing is a sign of this, as is inflammation and tenderness. We will measure between the tooth and gums to determine the depth of any pockets that may be present.
- Treatment: Gingivitis and periodontal disease must be treated to prevent further destruction of teeth, gums, and bone, which can eventually lead to tooth loss. Depending on the extent of the disease, a deep cleaning and scaling will be recommended and will typically be done with local numbing. When the build up has been removed from below the gum line, the tissue will heal in a short time.
- Maintenance: Follow-up appointments will be recommended to keep an eye on the healing progress. Medicated rinses, consistent flossing and using an electric toothbrush are some of the home treatments suggested. We will discuss a thorough in-home follow-up care program for you.
Commonly misdiagnosed or overlooked, subtle misalignments in the Temporomandibular joints can be a common significant source of head and neck pain. If you have frequent and severe head or neck pain, you owe it to yourself to investigate our doctor’s life-changing approach to correcting these TMJ problems.
Symptoms of TMJ
- Popping, clicking, or crackling sounds in or near the ear
- Pain when opening or closing the mouth
- Tenderness or soreness of the jaw
- Pain or tenderness when chewing
- Ringing in the ears
- Severe pain in the joint area
- Pain around the eyes, cheeks
- Chronic fatigue
- Tenderness and swelling at the sides of the face
- “Locking of the jaw
- Tingling or burning sensations in the mouth, tongue, or throat
The approach involves a special device worn in the mouth ¦along with a regime of corrective therapy. It’ s an end to neck and headache pain ¦and a new, more comfortable life!
NITROUS OXIDE AVAILABLE
CLEAR CORRECT – Clear Braces
ClearCorrect is a clear aligner used to straighten teeth as an alternative to traditional braces. ClearCorrect straightens teeth using a series of clear, custom-made, removable tooth aligners that gradually move teeth a little bit over time, eventually correcting the teeth and smile to elicit a new, revitalized look.
Call us today and ask about Clear Correct – your beautiful new smile awaits!
We offer Emergency Dental Care options – patients can be seen the same day. if you have a dental emergency please call our office right away.